"I would rather die of passion than of boredom."
- Vincent van Gogh (via feellng)
"I learned that the only way you are going to get anywhere in life is to work hard at it. Whether you’re a musician, a writer, an athlete, or a businessman, there is no getting around it. If you do, you’ll win. If you don’t, you won’t."
- Bruce Jenner (via onlinecounsellingcollege)
"I loved you head over handles
like my first bicycle accident—
before the mouthful of gravel and blood,
I swore we were flying."
- Sierra DeMulder (via feellng)
"Too many guys think I’m a concept, or I complete them, or I’m gonna make them alive. But I’m just a fucked-up girl who’s looking for my own peace of mind; don’t assign me yours."
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
"It was the time of year, the time of day, for a small insistent sadness to pass into the texture of things. Dusk, silence, iron chill. Something lonely in the bone."
- Don DeLillo, White Noise (via feellng)
"You make mistakes. Mistakes don’t make you."
- Maxwell Maltz (via onlinecounsellingcollege)
"In Greek, “nostalgia” literally means “the pain from an old wound”. It’s a twinge in your heart, far more powerful than memory alone. This device isn’t a spaceship, it’s a time machine. It goes backwards and forwards, it takes us to a place where we ache to go again."
- Don Draper, “The Wheel” (via feellng)
"When you get right down to it, everybody’s having a perfectly lousy time of it, and I mean everyone. And the hell of it is, nothing seems to help much."
- Kurt Vonnegut, The Sirens of Titan (via feellng)