"And I asked myself about the present: how wide it was, how deep it was, how much was mine to keep."
- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-Five (via feellng)
"to love life, to love it even
when you have no stomach for it
and everything you’ve held dear
crumbles like burnt paper in your hands,
your throat filled with the silt of it.
When grief sits with you, its tropical heat
thickening the air, heavy as water
more fit for gills than lungs;
when grief weights you like your own flesh
only more of it, an obesity of grief,
you think, How can a body withstand this?
Then you hold life like a face
between your palms, a plain face,
no charming smile, no violet eyes,
and you say, yes, I will take you
I will love you, again."
- Ellen Bass (via feellng)
"Some walks you have to take alone."
- Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay (via feellng)
"And then something invisible snapped insider her, and that which had come together commenced to fall apart."
- John Green, Looking for Alaska (via feellng)
"Sometimes I wonder if my whole life will pass by this way: me waiting in the shadows, waiting for something to happen."
- Sarah Ockler (via onlinecounsellingcollege)
"Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm."
- Winston Churchill (via feellng)
"Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect."
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (via feellng)
"Strange as it may seem, I still hope for the best, even though the best, like an interesting piece of mail, so rarely arrives, and even when it does it can be lost so easily."
- Lemony Snicket, The Beatrice Letters (via feellng)
"Without you in my arms, I feel an emptiness in my soul. I find myself searching the crowds for your face - I know it’s an impossibility, but I cannot help myself."
- Nicholas Sparks, Message in a Bottle (via feellng)
"When you find your path, you must not be afraid. You need to have sufficient courage to make mistakes. Disappointment, defeat, and despair are the tools God uses to show us the way."
- Paulo Coelho, Brida (via feellng)
"People need to be encouraged. People need to be reminded of how wonderful they are. People need to be believed in - told that they are brave and smart and capable of accomplishing all the dreams they dream, and more. Remind each other of this."
- Stacey Jean Speer (via onlinecounsellingcollege)
"You will lose what you value most, so treasure it while you can."
- Richelle Mead, Shadow Kiss (via feellng)